Hey there, sustainable beauties! Today we’re going to talk about one of the most relaxing and indulgent forms of self-care: taking a bath. Not only do baths help us unwind and de-stress, but they can also provide a host of benefits for our skin. So, let’s dive in and find out why baths are so important, especially during the colder winter months.
Firstly, taking a bath can help to hydrate and soothe dry, winter skin. The warm water and steam can help to open up your pores and allow your skin to absorb moisture more easily. Additionally, adding certain ingredients to your bath can help to nourish and protect your skin.
Baths are important for skin health because they help to remove dirt, oil, and bacteria from the skin. They also help to hydrate the skin, which is especially important during the winter months when the air is dry and cold. Additionally, baths can help to reduce inflammation and irritation, which can be beneficial for those with sensitive skin.
So, what ingredients should you add to your bath for the best winter skin results? Here are some key ingredients to consider:
Epsom salt: Epsom salt contains magnesium, which can help to relax sore muscles and reduce inflammation. It can also help to exfoliate and soften dry, rough skin.
Dead Sea Salt:
- Helps to soothe and moisturize dry, itchy skin during winter months
- Rich in minerals that can help to detoxify and purify the skin
- Can improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Helps to reduce inflammation and redness
French Pink Clay:
- Gently exfoliates the skin, helping to remove dead skin cells that can contribute to dryness and flakiness
- Contains minerals that can help to nourish and revitalize the skin
- Can help to improve skin texture and tone, leaving it looking brighter and more radiant
- Can help to unclog pores and reduce the appearance of blackheads and blemishes
- Can help to boost circulation, which can promote healthy skin cell turnover and leave skin looking more youthful
- Rich in minerals that can help to hydrate and nourish the skin
- Can help to soothe dry, itchy skin and reduce inflammation
- Helps to remove toxins and impurities from the skin, leaving it feeling soft and refreshed
- A natural source of vitamin E, which can help to protect the skin from environmental stressors and UV damage
- Can help to lock in moisture and prevent moisture loss, which is especially important during winter months
- Contains antioxidants that can help to neutralize free radicals and prevent premature aging
- Can help to improve skin texture and tone, leaving it looking smoother and more radiant
Now, let’s hear from some dermatologists about the benefits of taking a bath:
“A warm bath can help to soothe dry, itchy winter skin. Just be sure to use warm, not hot water, and avoid spending too much time in the bath, as this can strip your skin of its natural oils.” – Dr. Michelle Henry, a board-certified dermatologist in New York City.
This is also why we incorporate natural oils into our Relax in Rosé Bath mix, we hate that dry, stiff, feeling you get coming out of a bath.
So there you have it, folks! Taking a bath can be a wonderful way to indulge in some self-care while also providing benefits for your skin. Remember to add ingredients that are suitable for your skin type and concerns, and always be sure to rinse off thoroughly afterwards. And as always, it’s important to consult with a dermatologist if you have any concerns about your skin.