WHAT IS MASKNE
Masks are something that we have become familiar with. Over the past year and a half, we have been wearing masks as protection between ourselves and covid 19.
Because of this prolonged use of masks, we have noticed the surge of acne around and on the areas the masks cover. Why does this happen? when we wear masks we breathe in and out and speak through it although hard to understand sometimes.
In most cases, maskne is the result of clogged pores. You already have oil, bacteria, and dead skin cells on your skin. But when you wear a mask, these substances can build up more and block your pores.
- The mask traps warm air and the bacteria from our mouths onto our faces.
- Along with friction and sweat from the mask rubbing against our faces from speaking and adjusting.
- If we wear masks for hours the perfect breeding ground for acne is created.
Acne happens when your pores become clogged with oil, dead skin cells, and dirt. It can cause pimples, whiteheads, or blackheads.
Irritation can also cause Rosacea, Contact Dermatitis and Eczema to flare up.
HOW TO PREVENT MASKNE
CLEANSING THE RIGHT WAY.
Use a gentle cleanser.
Use a cleanser that removes
- excess oils, sebum,
- bacteria and one that is aimed at acne.
Our Grapefruit & Aloe Clarifying Cleanser contains Salicylic Acid which dives down to your pores and removes and prevents clogged pores that cause breakouts.
- Use serums that are for acne-prone skin. Serums that target acne and that are anti-bacterial.
Our Cactus and Tamarindus serum contains niacinamide and targets breakouts while hydrating and brightening the skin.
Preventing and brightening acne scars from breakouts.
HYDRATE YOUR WHOLE BODY
We know that we are made majority out of water and that we need to replenish our water levels on a daily basis.
But our skin needs that too!
- Hydrating the skin with toners and serums boosts our skin’s elasticity and allows us to have a fresh, glowing and plump complexion.
Try our Snow Louts Toner to rejuvenate and increase cell turnover in our skin.
Mist in between each step of your routine.
HOW TO FIGHT MASKNE
- Cleanse with Grapefruit & Aloe Clarifying cleanser.
- Hydrate with our Snow Lotus Toner
- Cactus and Tamarindus Serum to prevent and fight breakouts, acne scarring and hyperpigmentation.
- Don’t forget to moisturize with a moisturizer that has at least SPF 15.
- Wash Fabric masks often. Try not to reuse a cloth mask without first washing it.
- Demask every 4 hours. The American Academy of Dermatology Association recommends removing your mask for 15 minutes every 4 hours. This will help give your skin a break.
Stay safe whether you choose to mask or not and continue to Lean on Leanora for your Skin.