Tips On How to Prevent Maskne
Use a gentle cleanser or clarifying cleanser
Use a cleanser that removes
- excess oils, sebum,
- bacteria and one that is aimed at acne.
Masks are something that we have become familiar with. Over the past year and a half, we have been wearing masks as protection between ourselves and covid 19.
Because of this prolonged use of masks, we have noticed a surge of acne around and on the areas the masks cover. Why does this happen? When we wear masks, we breathe in and out and speak through it although hard to understand sometimes.
In most cases, maskne is the result of clogged pores. You already have oil, bacteria, and dead skin cells on your skin. But when you wear a mask, these substances can build up more and block your pores and so a maskne solution was create.
- The mask traps warm air and the bacteria from our mouths onto our faces.
- Along with friction and sweat from the mask rubbing against our faces from speaking and adjusting.
- If we wear masks for hours, the perfect breeding ground for acne is created.
Acne happens when your pores become clogged with oil, dead skin cells, and dirt. It can cause pimples, whiteheads, or blackheads.
Irritation can also cause Rosacea, Contact Dermatitis and Eczema to flare up.
Our Grapefruit & Aloe Clarifying Cleanser contains Salicylic Acid which dives down to your pores, removes and prevents clogged pores that cause breakouts will help with irritated skin; Hence, making it an excellent maskne solution for your skin care routine.
- Use serums that are for acne-prone skin. Serums that target acne and that are anti-bacterial.
- Preventing and brightening acne scars from breakouts.
Our Cactus and Tamarindus serum contain niacinamide and targets breakouts while hydrating and brightening the skin.
Hydrate your whole body
We know that we are made majority out of the water and that we need to replenish our water levels daily. But our skin needs that too!
- Hydrating the skin with toners and serums boosts our skin’s elasticity and allows us to have a fresh, glowing, and plump complexion.
Try our Snow Louts Toner to rejuvenate and increase cell turnover in your skin.
Mist in between each step of your skincare routine.
TIPS ON HOW TO FIGHT MASKNE
- Cleanse with Grapefruit & Aloe Clarifying cleanser.
- Hydrate with our Snow Lotus Brightening Toner
- Cactus and Tamarindus Hyaluronic Acid Serum to prevent and fight breakouts, acne scarring and hyperpigmentation.
- Don’t forget to moisturize with a moisturizer that has at least SPF 30.
- Wash Fabric masks often. Try not to reuse a cloth mask without first washing it.
- Demask every 4 hours. The American Academy of Dermatology Association recommends removing your mask for 15 minutes every 4 hours. This will help give your skin a break.
Stay safe whether you choose to wear a mask or not and continue to Lean on Leanora for your Skin Care Routine.