Why Using a Gua Sha and a Roller Works
Gua Sha is known as traditional Chinese therapy for removing toxins, easing pain and its soothing effects through a “Scraping Massage” with oil.
How To Use A Gua Sha
Start by applying your Cactus & Tamarindus Hyaluronic Acid serum or your Ginger and Ginseng facial oil to help the stone glide across the skin.
- Use over clean skin daily for 3–5 minutes. Repeat each exercise at least five times per work out and do each side of the face separately for maximum benefits.
- Jawline and chin: Glide the tool upward, from the centre of your chin to the earlobe, to contour the jaw.
- Forehead: Start at the centre of your forehead, dividing it into three sections, and glide the tool outward. Scrape once, then move down a bit and scrape again.
- Cheek: Start at the nose and work upward in a swooping motion along the cheeks and cheekbones, moving outward toward your ears. Scrape once, then move down a bit and scrape again. Move down a bit more to the centre of the chin and scrape again.
- Under Eye: Start in the inner corner of the eye and glide outward toward the temple to send your eye bags packing. Be super careful in this area.
- Brows: Glide upward along the brow bone, going from the inside out.
- Lips: Glide over your lips back and forth 5–7 times for a plumped pout.
- Neck: Section your neck into four areas and scrape each section from the bottom up, moving for five strokes per section.
Gua Sha’s and rollers have their unique way of providing facial massages, which can provide a host of anti-aging and depuffing benefits. Gua Sha’s can decrease tension, improve circulation, and contour the face; it can also be used on other parts of the body. Rollers are also used to help to reduce inflammation or inflamed skin. Gemstone rollers can also depuff the skin, minimize fine lines and wrinkles, and enhance blood circulation.
We suggest you start with the gua sha and finish with the roller. As paring, both tools work better together to stimulate blood flow and maximize the draining and tightening long-lasting benefits for healthier.
Amethyst: Best for calming, balancing and soothing inflamed skin. Amethyst gua shas and rollers help to calm irritation that causes skin breakouts, so adding an amethyst gua sha to your skin care routine or even having a gua sha routine with your gua sha tools will help with wrinkles and fine lines giving yourself a health looking skin.
To take it even further, you can create your gemstone oil. It is said that the oils absorb the stone benefits to your skin, place your amethyst or rose quartz gua sha in a small glass dish and pour enough Ginger and Ginseng facial oil or your favourite carrier oil choice to cover it. Leave the stone in the oil for three to four weeks at room temperature, about (20 Degrees Celsius). After which, you can pour out the oil and use it as you usually would
Your skin will absorb the benefits of the gemstone-infused oil quickly. The Gemstone oil is said to enter the hypodermic fat of the skin, which is normally difficult to reach. At which the oil will start its detoxifying and cleaning process
Rose Quartz: Best for soothing, enhancing good blood circulation, which helps with acne-prone skin and fine lines and wrinkles. It helps with tension and emotional pain and promotes a feeling of self-love.
Clear Quartz: Best for Depuffing, draining toxins from the face, smoothing fine lines and rejuvenating the skin.
Obsidian: Best for warming, relieves tension and congestion, revitalizes your complexion as the stimulation helps with blood circulation
Picasso/Jasper: Increase circulation, drain toxin, smooth fine lines and helps with balancing the skin health.
How To Clean Your Tools
Always wash your tools or gua sha tools under lukewarm running water after every use, but be sure to clean with soap if serum, moisturizer, or any oils are used during your routine other than that, running water is good enough for keeping your tool clean.
Knowing the benefits your skin will gain by adding gemstone tools: roller and gua sha in your skincare routine, why not check it out and start or continue this ancient selfcare practice to help you fight wrinkles, fine lines, and keep that glow going with our gua sha set and organic and sustainable skincare products?